Quasi Vivo® Training
An introduction to both theory and practice of advanced cell culture techniques through a combination of lectures, demonstrations and practical hands-on experience.
The 1 day workshop combines hands-on training with seminar sessions to ensure participants have all the necessary skills and knowledge to commence work using 3D and flow conditions for either academic or commercial research.
To date, Kirkstall have delivered training workshops to over 600 academic and industry researchers worldwide and in 2016 won the Lush Prize for training.
Only £185 / person
The courses provide both lectures and practical work on the following topics:
- An overview of new developments in advanced cell culture
- The advantages and challenges of 3D cultures, scaffolds & flow
- A review of commercially available systems
- Choosing a suitable pumping system and setting it up
- Introduction to the physics of flow and the biology of flow stress
- Preparation of cells for flow conditions
- Setting up the Quasi-Vivo® system and running flow experiments
- Applications enabled by 3D, flow & co-culture
- Maintaining aseptic conditions and avoiding contamination
- Monitoring cell growth and end point assays
- Practical flow experiments & performance of viability assays
- Comprehensive training in all skills needed to use the Quasi Vivo® system.
- A mix of both hands-on experience and background theory promotes all round understanding.
- A low trainee to instructor ratio, providing a more personal experience.
- Dedicated staff able to provide continuing assistance to Quasi Vivo® users.
- Researchers with experience in static cell culture should be easily able to transfer their protocols into a flow system.
At the end of the course delegates will have received a grounding in both theory and practice that will enable them to plan and set up their own cell culture experiments using a flow system.
Those delegates who have had prior experience of cell culture under static conditions (e.g. in 24 well plates) will be competent to set up and use the Quasi Vivo® system.
Medical University Graz, Austria: 5th June 2018
Douglas Connect, Basel: October 2018
Interested? Get in touch via the contact form below!
Quasi Vivo®, commercially available and used in 70+ labs worldwide, getting started is easy and cost effective!
SIGN UP FOR OUR ENEWSLETTER
We will only ever send you emails related to Kirkstall Ltd. and will not share your information with any third parties. By clicking submit below, you agree that we may process your information in accordance with these terms.
Address: Kirkstall Ltd
3 Aspen Court
Centurion Business Park
Phone: + 44 (0) 1709 361 241
Business Hours: Monday to Friday 8:00am-5:00pm (GMT)