New Job Opportunity
We are looking to recruit a technical sales executive.
Reporting directly to the Marketing and Sales Manager, the successful candidate will be working in a “field based role” responsible for delivering all business development related activity within both academic and industry markets to consistently achieve sales based key performance indicators.
Note, regular UK and international travel will be required in order to fulfil this role effectively with regular visits required to the head office in South Yorkshire.
- Research and identify new customers in academia and industry, efficiently managing their movement from suspect to customer.
- Key account management.
- Provide technical support to new and existing customers.
- Develop and maintain technical expertise relating to Kirkstall’s Quasi Vivo® system.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Research and identify new customers in academia and industry, efficiently managing their movement from suspect to customer.
- Utilise a variety of research methods to routinely identify new potential customers.
- Manage the complete customer journey from first contact to the closing of a sale.
- Provide efficient after sales support ensuring customer become advocates of the product and company.
- Conduct prospect and customer visits on a daily basis, reporting back to the management team on key outcomes utilising CRM software.
- Completion of weekly sales reports to document sales activity and improve efficiency of performance.
- Identify and maximise marketing opportunities from existing customers.
- Identify and attend conferences, trade shows and other events to network with potential customers.
- Provide additional support where necessary within the Marketing & Sales department.
2. Develop and maintain key accounts.
- Identify potential new UK key accounts, setting up and delivering sales visits;
- Develop and manage ongoing relationships with key accounts in order to take advantage of all opportunities and maximise spend per customer.
- Increase spend per customer and penetration within organisations and academic institutions.
- Regularly report on sales activity, customer and market information to assist the Marketing & Sales Manager.
3. Provide technical support to new and existing customers.
- Train new customers in the Quasi Vivo® system, practically and in experimental/protocol development.
- Work with key accounts during design, set up and duration of research to ensure customer has all the necessary support available in a timely manner.
- Work with customers to proactively identify potential research barriers and develop solutions.
- Deliver science based seminars to new and existing customers
4. Develop and maintain technical expertise relating to Kirkstall’s Quasi Vivo® system.
- Become an expert in the Quasi Vivo® system, it’s uses and applications;
- Deliver short demonstrations and longer workshops to potential customers;
- Provide training to key users;
- Keep up to date on latest uses and applications;
- Provide regular feedback from customers to both Research & Development and Marketing & Sales departments to feed into the respective strategies
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
This will be a demanding and challenging role that will be very rewarding for the right candidate, with the ability to achieve bonus incentives with the meeting of mutually agreed sales targets that will be set and monitored through the company Staff Appraisal Scheme.
Key performance indicators will include, but not be limited to;
- Overall monthly sales income.
- Monthly sales income generated from new business.
- Monthly sales income generated from existing customers.
- Monthly number of new prospects engaged.
This Role Description aims to provide the applicant or employee with an accurate and concise summary of the job and its main duties and responsibilities. However it is not intended to be restrictive or absolute.
OVERARCHING STANDARDS AND EXPECTATIONS OF KIRKSTALL
- Protect the confidentiality of all information relating to a company, business and technology, and not divulge such information to anyone who is not authorised to receive it.
- Carry out duties at all times in a courteous and effective manner.
- Take control of difficult and urgent situations in a calm, sensible and professional manner
- Participation in ongoing staff training and development.
- Accept responsibility for actions.
- Keep customers interests at the forefront of daily activities to ensure that customer expectations are always exceeded.
- Report any complaints, accidents, problems or untoward occurrences to a competent person.
- Carry out duties at all times with regard to the health, safety and welfare of both themselves and others and report any matters
- relating to maintenance of safety equipment in a responsive, timely and appropriate fashion.
|Education and Qualifications||
|Knowledge, Skills and Training||
To Apply: Send a copy of your CV and covering letter, along with your salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications closing date: Friday 28th July
1st date interviews: Week commencing 14th August
Salary: Dependent on experience
Start date: As soon as available
Quasi Vivo®, commercially available and used in 70+ labs worldwide, getting started is easy and cost effective!
Kirkstall Ltd 3
Centurion Business Park
Rotherham S60 1FB
+ 44 (0) 1709 361 241